In 2013, almost accidentally, Simon landed a client within the dating industry. As they embarked on delivering PR agency services for this client, Simon realised that there was no authority serving the Online Dating Industry. He saw a big opportunity within a growing market and soon enough Global Dating Insights was born.
With no background in the dating industry, nor in communities or events this is definitely a story worth hearing! Today, GDI is the leading open community for the Online Dating Industry and a leading source for news, analysis and events.
The website serves a highly engaged trade audience of over 30,000 unique monthly visitors, and is read in over 100 countries. They have a weekly podcast too.
In this conversation we’ll be having a candid chat and diving into their success story:
- How can someone grab an opportunity in an untapped market without any experience?
- The key pillars GDI focused on to go from zero to a global community
- The importance of running an open community vs a membership model?
- Build your community based on strong editorial content
- Content based approach community
- How do you build your traffic to 30k visitors per month
Watch the interview on demand