Transforming a conference business to a global community founded on membership
Mind the Product is the world’s largest community of passionate product people brought together through community, membership, content, events and training.
The journey started small in 2010 with a meetup in London with just 25 people in the back room of a pub. Today they have grown to over 150,000 members across meetups in 200+ cities around the world and annual Mind the Product events in Hamburg, London, Manchester, San Francisco, and Singapore, plus digital conferences reaching the community worldwide.
What makes this community so interesting to learn from? Their business model transformation through the pandemic into a membership model, their product-led development process and a lot of learnings along the way.
We will cover themes like:
- The business transformation process from conference to membership model
- The value of your community = your user interactions
- 10 years of content and connections, why now?
- Cutting corners and the big lessons learnt from doing so
- Surviving 2020 - practicing what you preach - building your own subscription product
- MeetUps, supporting and helping your community to run them in their cities??
- Mapping the buying journey?
- The value of meetups as the early stages in your buying journey?
Watch the recording here.